Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Fort Wayne Favorites: Part 1


Inspired by the most recent poll question, I will attempt to do a periodic posting with pictures of my favorite places in Fort Wayne. Restaurants, bars, shopping, buildings, golf courses, news reporters, and anything else that is a favorite of mine in the Fort. For what reason you may ask? None, really. There are some readers and posters from out of town that may like to recall these old haunts, and if anyone is new to Fort Wayne, they may serve as good recommendations.


Part 1: Coney Island Est. 1914
131 W Main St. Fort Wayne, IN 46802 (260) 424-2997
I'm sure most of our readers and fellow bloggers have been here dozens of times, if not more. People I know from Elkhart, South Bend, and Indianapolis all know about this Fort Wayne landmark. I'm sure this local favorite would make many of our "Fort Wayne Favorites" list.




7 comments:

scott spaulding said...

+1

Anonymous said...

Coney Island really isn't that famous. It's actually a prety big chain with locations all over the place. I think there is one in South Bend

Anonymous said...

I always heard there was a fool born every minute, but if this poster is serious, he or she is living proof.

Parson said...

It might not look like much, but the coney dogs are great.
I don't think it's part of the big chain Coney Island. We have a few of those in Fort Wayne also, and they aren't nearly as good.

Anonymous said...

I heard they also owned an amusement park in New York City, too.

Anonymous said...

Here are some more facts facts facts...Coney Island downtown has been an institution in Fort Wayne for almost 100 years.

I think this post relates specifically to the downtown location, which as Parson said, is tremendous and better than the "chain versions" in other locations such as Georgetown. It's not part of the chain, as I know someone that worked there in high school.

If the poster is an idiot, so are the thousands of Fort Wayne residents that love the place apparently, including myself.

Anonymous said...

LIE LIE LIE LIE LIES!!!!!!