Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My homeownership

HOMEOWNERS ARE FREAKING OUT! Check it out

$300 increase for a 100k house by 2012, when the plan takes place. With (hopeful) appreciation of the worth of a house, taxes are going to go up anyway, causing a homeowner to pay more taxes.

Is it just me or if you were to freak out about 300 in taxes, 5 years away, AND are considering moving out of the district - should you really be a home owner? Owning a house is expensive - I've found this out. Unexpected costs of owning a house are going to be much more than that a year.

I don't know about you, but I can spare 25 extra dollars into my escrow to pay for Junior's new history book that includes the fall of the Berlin Wall.

*side note - I am not for new/higher taxes, but I am for higher/better education

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sculs we have here r just fene

Bob G. said...

As a homeowner myself (for the past 10 years in Ft. Wayne), I agree that NO house is ever going to be "self-maintaining"...LOL!

My house is most likely a lot older than yours...and in a "blighted" section of the southeast quadrant (isn't it ALL blighted? Not really...yet).

I don't mind higher taxes, provisionally speaking...

IF I can see something being DONE for all those bucks, that at least makes the pain of paying easier, but when all they do is dump the money into some financial morass or city/county funded black hole program that accomplishes nothing noticeable in the community...it's time to wonder WTF is going on.

Be better to start a bonfire and toss your paycheck into that (still not MY first choice, though).

B.G.